Veritaserum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seventeen years after Voldemort's defeat, the Wizarding world continues. New adventures begin to unfold, and so do new terrors.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FAQ (and extra rules)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ebony Copper
Admin
Ebony Copper

FAQ (and extra rules) Empty
PostSubject: FAQ (and extra rules)   FAQ (and extra rules) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Why are some locations and rooms not on this website?
It is because I felt that they were so minor they would probably not host many threads. If you feel that you would like a location to be added and will post frequently in hat locations, and you believe others will too, send me a PM and I'll take it into consideration.

My character is 17 and has left Hogwarts/graduated. What do I do now?
You are free to continue using that character by giving them a job or a home in the wizarding world. You can work in a shop or the ministry or St. Mungo's. You are free to post in those locations and interract with any other characters that cross your path. If you want to apply for a teaching job at Hogwarts, have your character, in the story, book an appointment with the Head Master for an interview. Good luck in getting the job! =)

Can I own a shop as an adult?
You cannot own a pre-existing shop, but you may work in one. If you want to own your own shop, please PM me or another Administrator and we'll take your request into consideration.

My character is female, and I've just spotted a male character of the same age...
Hold up there... try not to let your character 'fall in love' with the first guy/girl you come across. Have a story down first and try to keep flirting to a minimum when you just meet the person. If the characters are good friends and have been interacting for a while, then your character might develop feeling for them.

My character is a second-year. Can he/she perform advanced spells or non-verbal magic?
No, they cannot. Your character has to stick to the spells that they have learned that match their year/level. Second years cannot perform spells that you learn in fifth-year, for example. As your character grows older, they can learn new spells.

I have just joined Veritaserum. Does my character have to be a first-year?
No, they can be in any year that you wish. You don't even have to be a student. You can be a non-canon teacher, an adult working wizard, or a non-canon ghost. You cannot, however, be younger than Hogwarts age, you cannot take the role of Headmaster/Headmistress, head of house, or any other authoritative figure greater than the average teacher.

What is a Canon-Character?
A canon Character is a character that appears in the Harry Potter books/movies or a character that was invented by J.K.Rowling. For example; Teddy Lupin, Hagrid, Albus Potter,etc

Can my spells go wrong? Can I lose battles? Can I die?
Certainly you are not all-powerful. Your spells can indeed go wrong, especially if you are a beginner (first-year), your wand is damaged or broken, or your character is impeded. You must not god-mod, so your characters do have weaknesses, and are not invincible. You do not have to die, however, if you lose a battle, but you might need to go to the Hospital Wing or St. Mungo's for a while. If you wish you character to die from a battle, old age, desease, etc, you can. You cannot kill other characters without the expressed permission of the user.

Can I cast a spell that has no counter?
No. We will consider that god-modding if you try.

How long must I stay in the hospital for if injured, detention if n trouble, or Azkaban if arrested?
If you are in hospital, however long you want. Make it realistic though and try to add your own little side-story while you're in there. If you're arrested and sent to Azkaban, PM me or an administrator to find out. If you've received detention, it is up to the teacher that assigned it.

How do I get sent to Azkaban?
If you're just visiting, go visit (be careful of the dementors. Many adult wizards can't produce patronuses, and the minimum age you can cast one is 16), but if you break a wizarding law, either a Administrator will send you there and you will be temporarily banned (breaking a Veritaserum/forumotion rule), or you decide your character is arrested and you spend however much time you wish in there. If you choose the latter, your character will be effected emotionally and psychologically. If you choose to be kissed by a dementor, you can no longer use your character (same as death).

How do I receive detention?
If a teacher gives you a detention for breaking rules, it is up to them. Teachers: Do not god-mod or go overboard with this!!

Who are the teachers?
Some teachers are played by other users, if not, you can make them NPCs, but try not to give them names.

I want my character to be a teacher. Can they teach anything?
They can teach anything that has not been previously taken. If another user has a character that teaches Arithmancy, for example, you cannot take their position. Also, if a canon character teaches a certain subject (Prof. Longbottom teaches Herbology, for example), your character cannot take their position either.

Can my character apparate/disapparate?
Only if they are 17 or older, and they cannot apparate/disapparate in the Hogwarts grounds, nor inside the Ministry of Magic.

Can I use an unforgivable curse?
No. They are illegal in the wizarding world.

Anymore questions, PM me or another Administrator.
Back to top Go down
https://veritaserum.rpg-board.net

FAQ (and extra rules)
Page 1 of 1